IE7 netgear router

Billp64 16:32 02 Jul 07

TOday I have lost connection on main computer, I get limited or no connection.Laptop working ok any ideas how to get connection back. Will not connect to netgear site to reset.
Tried to repair no good.
Any ides please.
Thanks
Bill

The Kestrel 16:55 02 Jul 07

How is your main PC connected to the router, cable or wireless? Is the laptop a wireless connection? If the laptop is connecting to the internet, it would appear the router is working and therefore the problem is between the router and your main PC. If the PC is cable connected check the connections at both ends, router and PC, it might be a fault in the cable.

Billp64 17:19 02 Jul 07

Thanks for reply. Cable is connected ok, just dropped connection this afternoon and then the limited connection message came up, not connected since. The router is fine as wireless on laptop ok.
Unless cable has suddenly broke not surewhat else to try. Any help appreciated.

The Kestrel 08:23 03 Jul 07

You could try the cable in a different port on the router first. If that doesn't work then the next step would be to try a different cable - can you borrow one from someone else rather than buy one in case that is not the problem.

Billp64 08:38 03 Jul 07

Looks as though I will have to buy new cable I have tried different ports. EVen reset router but cannot get rid of the message on main machine and will not connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…