IE7 MEDIA PROBLEMS

g0var 19:38 23 Oct 06

If I click on a video link on a website (eg click here), ie7 just takes me to a blank screen.
IE 6 works fine... Ive been all through the settings for ie7 but cant work out the prob... would really appreciate some help
cheers

anskyber 19:46 23 Oct 06

What are your settings? Tools, internet options, Tabs settings. Are the settings, "always open pop ups in new window"

webber_man 19:48 23 Oct 06

I'm sorry i can't offer any help as it works ok in my IE7 and i don't know what the solution would be.

But i can describe the clip to you if you want? Bloody good trick!

birdface 20:01 23 Oct 06

While someone is sorting out your problem, Have you any more like that, It was excellent,

icl 21:54 23 Oct 06

I had a blue screen after installing IE7, and crashing after closing down IE7. I disabled the virus checker and it cleared the problem, and enabled me to finish the install

imacd 22:23 23 Oct 06

Go to click here and try re-installing

zarobian 22:28 23 Oct 06

I suggest you reset all the Internet options to its default values if not already tried out.

g0var 09:28 24 Oct 06

many thanks for all the replies, unfortunately, tried them all and still nothing works...

got me beet...

Technotiger 09:42 24 Oct 06

Hi, I have similar problem when trying to run a video item from with IE7 - I just put it down to one of the hiccups which have still to be sorted - eventually.

Cheers

Technotiger 09:44 24 Oct 06

ps ... not a Flash player problem, cos some videos work ok within IE7, others don't.

anskyber 10:05 24 Oct 06

In internet options advanced tab under multimedia is everything checked apart from show image download placeholders?

Your link worked for me OK in IE7. Are you on the latest release rather than a Beta or the RC1? It could be worth an uninstall from add/remove and re downloading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac