IE7 keeps closing

fitshase 22:33 11 May 07

OK, here's the thing. I did a clean install of XP Pro and put all of the updates, etc., on it. I installed IE7 as I had it on before and liked the tabbed browsing.

After the clean install, all seemed to work OK but sometimes IE7 closes (or more accurately... vanishes!). It could happen when I click on a link or if I click for a new tab. It can happen once in a day or 3 times in an hour. It is totally random.

There is no error message or anything. Even if I have 10 tabs open, IE will just vanish. If you close IE with tabs open, you get the message asking if you are sure.

I thought that, since I had done a clean install, all should be OK. I have done another clean install and it is the same problem. I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Fitshase

p.s., before anyone says, "use Firefox instead", I can't. The online database I access for work will not work with Firefox - it is IE only.

woodchip 22:39 11 May 07

Try Netscape 8 it uses the IE engine as well as Firefox click here

Also got built in secuity

fitshase 09:29 12 May 07

Thanks but I'd rather get IE fixed than move to another program if possible.

In the meantime I will look at Netscape but if anyone else has ideas as to why IE is doing this I would like to hear.

birdface 09:34 12 May 07

This is probably not your problem,But worth a look.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…