IE7 and HP scanner

richard s 22:53 05 Nov 06

Since Upgrading to IE7, My HP Scanjet 2400 scanner will not work with software supplied with scanner.

Works ok using MS Word or Photosuite but with reduced functions.

Any Answers Please

anskyber 23:11 05 Nov 06

Try in the first place going to the HP site and seeing if there are any updated drivers for your machine. There have been a number of examples of incompatibilty with IE7 but nearly all are related to the need to update drivers or software which has been brought out to ensure compatibility.

In addition do you have any add ins like toolbars (Google Yahoo?)If so try temporarily disabling the toolbar and try again.
To disable a toolbar open Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

In Windows, click the Start button.
Click All Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
Once you determine the toolbar causing the issue, you should uninstall the toolbar through Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel and then check the toolbar’s website for an updated version. There could be a link back to your problem.

Cesare 07:41 06 Nov 06

I have an HP pse 1350 All-in-one and since I am using IE7 the scanner does not work also. I contacted HP support and they suggested that I revert back to IE6 or use Windows Scanner wizard intead, which I have been doing. They did not mention that they have any undated driver at all.

sunny staines 13:39 06 Nov 06

got IE7 & ALL IN 1 HP 2575 all ok. do have latest hp drivers they are always updating them

rawprawn 16:22 06 Nov 06

My friend has HP 1210 printer and is having problems. I have marked this so that I can refer to it when I go to see if I can help.

anskyber 16:32 06 Nov 06

There is a work around on this click here but its looking increasingly like HP have not dealt with the compliancy issue.

anskyber 16:37 06 Nov 06

It seems there are a lot of unhappy HP owners out there, choose any link, click here Lets hope HP do what they should have done in the IE Beta stage and get updated drivers out.

richard s 19:56 06 Nov 06

Many thanks for all of your answers, I'm seem to be 1 of many with the same problem.

Must sit back and hope that HP and/or IE7 comes up with a solution soon.

richard s 12:17 16 Nov 06

Manys thanks to anskyber, i followed your links through and finished up at click here.
Having downloaded and run this program my Scanjet 2400 is fully operational using HP Director.

This program was intended for a differant model of scanner but works fine with mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac