IE7 Hijacked?

Old Un 11:08 11 Apr 07

I think that my Internet Explorer 7 has been ‘HIJACKED’ as whilst I am trying to ‘surf the net’ I am bombarded with web pages that I have not asked for. These are mostly from financial companies offering loans (iForex). It is now almost impossible to read the pages I want as I am inundated with this annoying junk.
I have thoroughly scanned my system with AVAST and SPYBOT but neither reports any Spyware, Trojans or Viruses.
Apart from changing over to FIREFOX is there anything that I can do?
PS Whilst writing these few words I have received another 10 unwanted web pages.

provider 2 11:29 11 Apr 07

Have you checked IE> Tools> Pop-UP Blocker. Turn ON popup blocker? Also check Settings while you are there.

Kate B 11:45 11 Apr 07

Try also scans with Adaware, Windows Defender, A Squared and Superantispyware. And yes, switch to Firefox; and install the Adblock, Adblock Plus and Filterset.G Updater extensions. You'll never see another pop-up again.

candun 11:48 11 Apr 07

Initially go to ANTISpyware.com and download the PRO trial version and carry out a full system scan. You could have 'Smitfraud or Vundo' type malware installed and removal could be a lengthy process.

john-232317 13:23 11 Apr 07

Opera is another good faster browser. ;-)

candun 13:56 11 Apr 07

Sorry 'Old un'. it should read 'SUPERAntiSpyware.com'
and download PRO Trial version.

skidzy 17:05 11 Apr 07

Firstly check for any unwanted toolbars and search engines that may be redirecting you.Remove these from add and remove programs then run ccleaner click here
RunCWShredder click here

Also a few extra's here click here

Old Un 23:10 11 Apr 07

Thank you all very much for all your help. I appreciate it very much. I have tried most of your suggestion but the problem remains. I have now installed FIREFOX and the pop-ups do not occur from FIREFOX but still start up independently in IE7 and appear in separate windows. Is there any way of switching IE7 off?
When I run CWShredder it reports each time that it has deleted –CWS.JKSearch but this seems to be able to regenerate itself immediately and pop-ups appear as soon as I close the shredder.
I have checked my IE> Tools> Pop-UP Blocker and it is switched On and is set to its highest setting.
Windows Defender does not detect anything wrong.
AdBlock Plus appears to be working well in FireFox but is not stopping anything in IE7.

mocha 00:29 12 Apr 07

Go here click here This is the latest version of CWSShredder 2.19 give it a try and also read the page as there are other options to try first if you are getting problems as stated on the page.
Good Luck.

Old Un 14:11 13 Apr 07

I’m very grateful to everyone that has tried to help. Unfortunately my problem still remains.
I have installed and run the following programmes:
AdAware
Avast
CCleaner
CWShredder
Spybot
SUPERAntiSpyware Professional
AdBlock Plus
Windows Defender
I have also installed FireFox as my default Browser.
The popups do not appear from FireFox but popup as separate windows in IE7.
I feel that if I could stop Windows Internet Explorer 7 working it would solve my problem.

provider 2 14:38 13 Apr 07

Do you feel as if you might give one more thing a try or are you too fed up with it? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…