IE7 Help please!

Tinyheed 17:14 05 Jan 07

I had IE7 on my computer for a while.Last week I downloaded it through the auto updates,but it could not complete the download,then downloaded a problem help page to my desktop.

I ran through all the help topics, no change, so i then tried a system restore but that also did,nt fix it, so then tried uninstalling IE7 through the control panel, but it gets so far then aborts.

So now i can't really do anything, I can't download anything because it won't let any pop ups appear, i can't cut and paste, i can't even see what webpages i have open at the bottom of screen because they are all blank.

If anyone has even half of a suggestion of how i can restore even IE6 could you help

Thanks in advance Tinyheed

leedaz 17:25 05 Jan 07

click here

If you can get to this download page,try binning IE and using Firefox. Feature rich more secure browser.Or go to a friends,d/l it burn it and install off Cd. Some PC mags will have it on cover disk also.

rawprawn 17:31 05 Jan 07

Go to Tools/Popup Blocker/Turn Off Then click here download windows cleanup utility and uninstall IE 7. I really see no reason to uninstall this program as it is very good (Unless like you, you have a problem) in which case i would uninstall and then reinstall.

User-312386 17:31 05 Jan 07

click here

Here is a link for the main download page for IE7

rawprawn 17:34 05 Jan 07

Very sorry that won't do at all, IE 7 is not within windows cleanup remit, however if you can follow my advice regarding turning Popup Blocker off see what you can do.

Tinyheed 17:38 05 Jan 07

Thanks for the quick replies.

Unfortunately i can't access the tools( or favourites)They dissappeared when i this IE7 download did'nt complete

I've also tried all the downloads from the micro soft website with no luck

rawprawn 19:19 05 Jan 07

Try Windows repair click here
print the instructions out and the use them on your problem computer.

anskyber 21:49 05 Jan 07

If you try a Windows repair you have to uninstall IE 7 first. click here

rawprawn 08:40 06 Jan 07

Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video