IE7 & Firefox & listen to BBC radio

ianeon 03:57 30 Jan 09

Using my IE7 browser I can listen to the BBC live.
Using my Firefox browser I cannot listen to the BBC live.
Could someone tell me how to get the Firefox browser to accept the BBC.
Thank you for your time - Ian

laurie53 07:57 30 Jan 09

Do you get any sort of message or does it just freeze?

Could it be cookies or your default player?

tullie 08:06 30 Jan 09

Dont know the answer,but i listen ok with Firefox.It may need a plugin,but it usually tells you if it does.

ianeon 08:21 30 Jan 09

Laurie53 - Thank you - the only message I get states "Transferring date from www. bbc. co.uk" but it never finishes transferring the data.
I can listen to previous days, but not listen live.

tullie - thank you, but I don't think that it is that as I can listen to previous days.

brundle 09:32 30 Jan 09

If you're having problems listening live with the IPlayer interface, the problem is Flash. Download the Firefox version, close Firefox, install Flash, open Firefox. click here

ianeon 15:20 30 Jan 09

brundle - Thank you for that, but it still doesn't solve the problem

brundle 12:53 31 Jan 09

Do you have Realplayer or Realplayer Alternative installed? Does live radio work if you choose Dial Up Modem Version: On?

Stuartli 13:31 31 Jan 09

I can use Firefox to listen to BBC Radio (I have the BBC iPlayer installed), although 99 per cent of the time I use my system's Freeview PCI TV card.

Stuartli 13:33 31 Jan 09

I'm using the iPlayer right now to listen to Suzy Bogguss on the Bob Harris show:

click here

I've been a big fan of Suzy for nearly 20 years and saw her live in Morecambe in the early 1990s.

Stuartli 14:02 31 Jan 09

Just noticed it's live broadcasts you are having problems with.

See:

click here

Stuartli 14:04 31 Jan 09

..and:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…