IE7 Favorites and Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8

legalrep 10:41 06 Apr 09

I have just installed Firefox 3.0.8 as I finally had enough of IE7 and its constant problems. Very impressed, quicker and none of those annoying "Windows explorer has a problem and needs to close"

Only slight niggle is when I add a bookmark in Mozilla it doesn’t show on my favourites menu when selected from Start, favourites? Should it and if not is there a way to ensure bookmarks in Mozilla is mirrored in favorites menu?

birdface 10:49 06 Apr 09

Firefox File.Import.

birdface 10:51 06 Apr 09

Sorry thought you were trying to move your favorites from I.E to Firefox.

legalrep 10:58 06 Apr 09

Hi buteman thanks for your reply, what I'm trying to do is synchronise my favourites menu with the Mozilla bookmarks menu, if I add a bookmark it doesn’t show in the favourites menu. But thanks for your interest!

Stuartli 12:07 06 Apr 09

If you click on Bookmarks at the top of a Firefox page and select Organise Bookmarks you should be able to arrange them to your requirements.

legalrep 12:14 06 Apr 09

Thanks Stuartli info much appreciated but what I'm trying to do is replicate the bookmarks in Firefox in the favourites menu. At the moment if I add a new bookmark in Firefox it doesn’t show in the favourites menu when you select start then favourites. Can this be done or is there away to replace the favourites menu with the Mozilla bookmarks?

Stuartli 13:41 06 Apr 09

If you have a (specific) Favourites folder in Firefox, you can drag and drop individual bookmarks from the sidebar into that folder or, in fact, to another part of the sidebar.

Stuartli 13:42 06 Apr 09

Right clicking on a bookmark brings up a menu in which you can create a new folder etc.

Stuartli 13:44 06 Apr 09
  Woolwell 13:48 06 Apr 09

I think that XP's Start Favorites menu is a repeat of IE's therefore unless you update that list it will not show Firefox's bookmarks. Personally I've never found this to be a problem as I usually open Firefox and then go to bookmarks.

cocteau48 14:00 06 Apr 09

Following on from Woolwell's theory you can very quickly transfer all your Firefox bookmarks into IE and therefore into your start/favorites menu by using Transmute:click here
..very quick and simple to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017