IE7 error then closes

ACOLYTE 15:37 09 Mar 09

Hi,
I got a little problem with IE7,i can open it up fine,browse fine,then for no reason it just closes,no error messages just a pop up box asking me if i want to close all tabs,i have clicked yes and no and it closes.But when i open task manager i find iexplore is still running even though its closed,so if i don't check and open IE again i end up with lots of instances of IE all running at the same time.It gets very annoying having to check task manager when this happens.
I have reinstalled IE7 and it still does the same thing even if i run with no add on i get the same i can't figure out what is causing it to happen.

sunnystaines 15:53 09 Mar 09

has your spyware software had a good scan?

flashplayer? might need a reinstall some ads corrupt it which in turn plays havok on ie7 with these type problems. Use abode unistaller and reinstall from abode.

User-1229748 15:57 09 Mar 09

if malware looks like a-squared has sorted it for some.a-squaredclick here

birdface 16:08 09 Mar 09

Maybe run with the tabs switched off and see if it runs any better.If not switch them back on.
Tools.Internet Options.Tabs settings.And untick Enable tabbed browsing.Ok.Apply.Ok

ACOLYTE 23:20 09 Mar 09

Ill try the flashplayer thing,and see what happens,i did turn tabbed browsing off for a while,but then when i tried to open IE it opens fine but doesnt show any pages it searches and then closes,it does flash somthing about dns.dll or somthing very quick at the bottom but it is so fast i can not see what it all says.

ACOLYTE 23:22 09 Mar 09

P.S

yes i have checked for malware with spybot/superantispy,i also have spywareblaster and advnced sytemcare on the pc and they all come back clean.

birdface 00:58 10 Mar 09

Try.Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns a small gap between ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work.Ok.It should tell you dns cache has been flushed.If so reboot your computer and see if it is working any better.

skidzy 07:41 10 Mar 09

a lot of problems are caused with IE addons,reset IE;

Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / Reset IE and apply and ok.Close IE and restart the browser.
Any addons will be lost but can be replaced if so wished.

ACOLYTE 10:44 17 Mar 09

Just an update,reinstalling flash player seems to have cured this for the time bieng,although when i go to a page that uses flash,it does somtimes tell me that i dont have the program installed,and the only way to get it to work is to dload it again.

rdave13 10:56 17 Mar 09

Have a look here under 'A damaged Windows system registry or incorrect permissions in the registry may prevent Flash Player from installing or registering correctly.'
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac