IE7 error message and then closes

puma22 10:27 17 Mar 07

Hi,
I have a problem with IE7 which has developed over the last few days. I keep getting an error message which says IE7 must shut down and I get the option to debug or close. Have tried the debug option but doesnt help any.
I have also been on the microsoft forum sites and suggestions posted there suggested switching off addons. I have uninstalled roboform and switched off google bar. Still happening!
Has anyone any suggestions? Dont want to switch to firefox as I use this soley for Quidco transactions.

cheers!

provider 2 10:35 17 Mar 07

Are both your script debugging options disabled in Internet Options> Advanced?

puma22 10:39 17 Mar 07

Cheers for the quick response.
One of them was ticked disabled, so I've unticked it. Will wait now till it crashes again and see if it works.

Thanks!

MichelleC 10:39 17 Mar 07

Also if it continues uninstall (goes back to ie6) reboot and reinstall.

provider 2 10:48 17 Mar 07

I believe both should be disabled, puma22, that is ticked.

puma22 10:51 17 Mar 07

provider 2,
sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought that you meant for them both to be abled. Have disabled them both.
It is really playing up now (it does seem to be a little intermittent).

MichelleC, how do i go back to IE6?

Cheers!

provider 2 10:58 17 Mar 07
  mbp 11:19 17 Mar 07

I have been using IE 7 since it was available, and have not had any serious problems. FWIW

provider 2 11:27 17 Mar 07

A slight misunderstanding here,mbp. I`m not recommending IE 7 should be uninstalled, though many people do go for that option, having encountered serious problems with it.

Sometimes a simple re-install can fix it without having to go into quite complicated "fixes".

provider 2 11:33 17 Mar 07

Such as these:click here

puma22 13:02 17 Mar 07

Thanks for the advice. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and at the mo seems to be working fine.
I'll mark as solved and if the problem returns will start a new thread

Have a good weekend everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced