ie7 closes itself

taffy101 11:46 15 Jul 09

I have a friend who cannot access the internet as internet explorer 7 closes itself immediately after it opens. What could be causing this/

kalignorgna 13:37 15 Jul 09

I don't know what causes this but I had the same problem a wile back and fixed it with a new vertion of IE

T I M B O 13:42 15 Jul 09

You can reset IE 7 so it's like new...

tools>internet options>advanced then restore settings ie reset...

taffy101 14:52 15 Jul 09

Thanks for those suggestions. I'll get him to try the reset first.

taffy101 22:55 15 Jul 09

My friend tells me that the Internet options box won't open either. He tried this from Control Panel.

rdave13 23:34 15 Jul 09

Try start-all programs- accessories--system tools and run IE no addons. Go to tools if IE opens then click internet options-advanced tab and try the 'reset internet explorer' tab.

taffy101 22:09 16 Jul 09

rdave13, my friend tried that and says Internet explorer still won't open. Is he going to have to reinstall it?

rdave13 22:27 16 Jul 09

Try starting in safe mode; click here . (Without internet connection) and running full scans of whatever security programs your friend has. It could be some malware.
Some PCs need F5 to start safe mode.

taffy101 09:40 17 Jul 09

My friend has now installed Internet explorer 8 and things are working again. Thanks for the suggestions. I will see my friend on Sunday and will sugggest that we run some security scans as you suggest in case there is some malware present.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…