IE7 Beta 3

bruno 15:43 30 Jul 06

My friend has installed this programme yesterday and now he cannot access his browser.A message appears to the effect hat "iertutil.dll" is missing(or corrupt).He has located this file but does not know what to do to reinstall it.He wanted to un-install IE7 or roll it back but cannot locate it in add remove programmes.Any suggestions welcome.

€dstowe 16:11 30 Jul 06

System Restore to a time before he did the installation?

Before I install anything (including Microsoft's efforts) I make a full backup of my system and set a restore point. That way, if anything goes wrong - and Microsoft is certainly not immune from this - I can get everything back to how it should be with a minumum of fuss.

rawprawn 16:23 30 Jul 06

It should be in Add or Remove Programs. Has he ticked the box at the top Right "Show Updates" ?

rawprawn 16:27 30 Jul 06

It's listed as "Windows Internet Explorer Beta 3"

bruno 16:46 30 Jul 06

Rawprawn.
He has been into that and it lists the IE7 updates,two of them.It refused to allow him to remove them as it would "disrupt his system",as if it was not done already.
Edstowe.
He is not allowed as far as the system restore because of this message.At the moment he is trying to restore from safe mode.
Thanks for your replies and I will keep you posted.

rawprawn 17:30 30 Jul 06

Try going into C: Windows $Ntunistall and look for IE beta 3

rawprawn 17:33 30 Jul 06

%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet3p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe.
I think this should be the file

bruno 07:53 31 Jul 06

Thanks for those suggestions.I will be in touch with him later today and will pass them on to him.

bruno 08:07 31 Jul 06

What I did do yesterday was take him a copy of Opera which enabled him to access the internet,so he will be able to do downloads from Microsoft etc.and can maybe solve it that way.He is on this forum as well although he could not use his computer before putting Opera on it.

bruno 12:55 06 Aug 06

Will tick this as resolved even though it is not yet.

Jimmy14 15:44 06 Aug 06

correct me if I'm wrong but is Windows Components e.g IE and Media PLayer not Under Add/Remove Windows Components if you wanted to remove them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017