IE7 Beta

willy boy 22:00 01 Jul 06

My son has recently loaded IE7 Beta 2on his home PC, late model Dell. When he attempts to use IE7 it blue screens and carry's out a physical memory dump. Any advice? He cannot get on the net at all

Totally-braindead 22:03 01 Jul 06

Delete it and go back to using IE6. A beta program is going to have problems which is why I don't use them.

willy boy 22:21 01 Jul 06

Many thanks but he cannot even keep the machine stable to do and uninstall, any more ideas?

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:49 01 Jul 06

A complete re-install after scrapping everything!

Never again will I gamble on Beta software!

jonski 22:50 01 Jul 06

I downloaded the beta version of ie7 and enjoyed it for about 2 days...then it started acting up...i just used system restore and took it back 3 days...my laptop is fine now.

yaesu 23:59 01 Jul 06

Hi, I've just installed office 2007 beta, when I've finished what I'm doing it's coming off. For some reason it decided to re-arrange the order items appear on my home page, assumed I'd want to use Outlook for e-mail then refused to connect and I've had to sign in to this forum when it's been auto before. The mag does say it might cause problems, it has!! Back to thunderbird for me although I do use ie6 at the moment so it gets M$ auto updates. Regards, Yaesu

Devil Fish 01:36 02 Jul 06

have you tried booting into safe mode then uninstalling

Diversion 02:26 02 Jul 06

Yaesu: I think you may have serious problems uninstalling Office 2007 Beta, I had to re-install my operating system to get my Office 2003 back in my PC.

rawprawn 07:45 02 Jul 06

click here for uninstall instructions

rawprawn 07:46 02 Jul 06

Sorry hadn't read your second post.

willy boy 09:20 02 Jul 06

Many thanks to all the forum help. A safe mode boot and uninstall seems to have done the trick. Neither my son or I will try beta stuff again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…