IE7 BACK TO IE6

pete. 17:11 20 Nov 06

HI CAN ANYBODY HELP, I INSTALLED IE7 WENT WRONG SEVERAL TIMES SO I DID SYSTEM RESTORE TO THE DAY BEFORE IE7 INSTALLED BUT WHEN I GO ON IE6 I HAVE PUT TICK IN EMPTY TEMPERY INTERNET FILES WHEN CLOSING BROWSER BUT IT DOES NOT EMPTY THEM I HAVE TRIED RE INSTALLING IE6 FROM XP DISC BUT NO LUCK CHEERS PETE.

zarobian 17:14 20 Nov 06

I suggest you undo your last restore and then uninstall IE7 from control panel add and remove.

'Z'

Kate B 17:16 20 Nov 06

Or try another browser. I'm a Firefox fan click here

Oh, and please don't post in all caps. It's the online equivalent of shouting ;)

skidzy 17:50 20 Nov 06

Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>select I.E. 7 for uninstall. After removing I.E. 7, you'll automatically revert back to I.E. 6, you don't need to reinstall it again.As per zarobian's post.

rickd 18:12 20 Nov 06

Before you delete it, try disabling a few add ons to try to find if thats whats causing your problems (see thread on IE7 encountered a problem...)
Worked for me!

pete. 18:44 20 Nov 06

will try all what you said sorry kate i forgot i left caps lock on smack hand cheers pete.

pete. 19:53 20 Nov 06

hi have tried all the above but still the same is there maybe something else i nead to put a tick in cheers pete.

skidzy 20:42 20 Nov 06

Are you back to IE6 ? if so run this, click here

While you are back to IE6 try running the system file checker

Start/Run/type sfc /scannow (note the space /)

Understanding SFC click here

johnem 20:57 20 Nov 06

Make sure that you have obtained all of the Microsoft updates, whilst running IE 6. Use the custom install as opposed to express, as I have found that without all of the latest relevant updates, IE 7 sometimes throws a wobbly. I found that KB904942 update may be relevant, but cannot guarantee. See this link click here.
Hope you soon get IE 7 working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…