IE7

Billp64 10:07 13 Dec 06

On new laptop I get this update, is it worth installing please instead of IE6.
I presume I could then get it for desktop as I use both machines daily.
Appreciate opinions.
Thanks
Bill

MichelleC 10:29 13 Dec 06

I've used it for a few months and the only fault I get irritated with is sometimes an error comes up 'ie has encountered a problem and needs to close'. Then I lose any work thus far. I use Firefox sometimes but don't like it as much.

anchor 10:35 13 Dec 06

Personally, I would not bother. Having read on various forums of many users having problems, I see no reason to change from IE6.

johnnyrocker 10:36 13 Dec 06

likewise.

johnny.

Jackcoms 10:37 13 Dec 06

Look around the Forums. There are plenty of Vista-related threads - both for and against.

I do believe, however, that the 'againsts' are somewhat in the majority at the moment.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

If you do install it and subsequently don't like it, you can always remove it through Add/Remove Programs and roll back to IE6.

anskyber 11:26 13 Dec 06

I have IE7 running on two machines, flawlessly. The real answer is to try it and roll back if you do not like it. There are some ground rules and they are in the release notes. If you hit problems many of the standard ones can be solved very easily. Have a go and post back.

This is a help forum so it is hardly surprising the problems appear here!

Pine Man 11:59 13 Dec 06

I support anskybers view.

The majority of threads WILL indicate problems because very few people will start a new thread to tell everybody they haven't got a problem!

It worked perfectly for me and if it hadn't I would have uninstalled and reverted automatically to IE6.

There is only one way to find out if it suits you, or your PC, install it.

Billp64 12:12 13 Dec 06

Hi

Thanks for the input and help. I will decide and then post results.
Bill

LANDCRUISER 13:00 13 Dec 06

works ok for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced