IE7 2 missing files- have you got them.

Tick Tock 3 09:26 27 Oct 06

OS XP.

Look in system information/internet settings/internet explorer/file versions.

iecont.dll missing.
iecontlc.dll missing.

i went to dll-files.com to look for these files and it says you should beaware these 2 files are a part of spyware/trojan.can someone throw some light on this.

johnnyrocker 09:36 27 Oct 06

sounds a bit like you have remnants of an infection on board, have you run some good sweeps and where did this info come from?

johnny.

beynac 10:10 27 Oct 06

I don't think you will find that this is a problem. I've also got those two showing as 'missing' in System Info'.

I would guess that System Information is looking for the files because they were part of an earlier version of IE and are not in IE7.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Tick Tock 3 14:50 27 Oct 06

Yes i have done spyware sweeps.

beynac

Does there seem to be far less IE7 file versions in your pc than there were with IE6.

beynac 15:02 27 Oct 06

"Does there seem to be far less IE7 file versions in your pc than there were with IE6."

I think so. I've never paid it much attention, but there does appear to be less than I remember seeing before. I know that IE7 is meant to be smaller than previous versions.

The files you mention seem to be related to IE Contacts (whatever that was) and don't exist on current systems. At one time there apparently was a button on the IE toolbar for "Contacts".

Tick Tock 3 15:08 27 Oct 06

Ok feel a bit more happy now its good to know help is always available on this site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…