Ie6 in XP Pro Address Bar hack by ADS384.com &

Giggle n' Bits 00:57 07 Sep 04

something else reads search-com. Also in the regestry in the Software-MS-Ie-Main it's there but removing it out is impossible. On reboot it just comes back and stops you from going to your prefered homepage or any site.

Tried CW Shredder, Spybot, Stinger, Hijack this, dissabling and enabling system restore

I take it something like this is a hack & not a virus.

Any way to shift these ads384 or search-com

Not typed these in the way they are as they are the site's www http address.

And tool would be welcom but shiftin the entries out of Ie6 the thing comes back.

Diodorus Siculus 08:29 07 Sep 04

Can only suggest either AdAware click here
or click here

Giggle n' Bits 19:55 07 Sep 04

Does anyone know why even though deleating the registry entries for the bugs as named above the things keep comming back after a reboot. I thought that if you disable the sys Restore in XP it would stay away like when shifting the Blaster or Sasser worm.

Could it be a .exe prog somewhere in the system ? but theres so many.

VoG II 20:00 07 Sep 04

Please post a HJT log click here

You will need to post it in 3 or 4 "chunks" due to the 800 word limit for each post. Also, please double space it by adding a blank line after each line.

Giggle n' Bits 20:05 07 Sep 04

I have it already and did try to remove the entry using this tool but like manual edit in reg or removing it with HJ This it comes back.

How do I get a log posted from hijack this please M8 VoG

VoG II 20:09 07 Sep 04

If you scroll down to near the bottom of my "click here" it tells you. The only thing is that, as above, you will need to post it in bits - trying to post the whole lot will generate an error.

VoG II 20:10 07 Sep 04

Alternative download site for HJT click here

Giggle n' Bits 01:31 08 Sep 04

got to get the tools on a disk to get to friends house to run em.

Philwane 08:05 08 Sep 04

ADS384.com is the same virus that took over my son inlaws computer I posted a thread about it earlier here click here

Giggle n' Bits 10:40 08 Sep 04

That looks promising and some good tech support.
Will do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…