IE6 updates = web page printing problem

lemon2 01:01 27 May 03

I run Win XP with SP1 installed, and use IE6 as my browser. I've set Windows update to run automatically, so periodically i'm notified "would you like restart to your computer to finish the installation", from the slightly irratating windows bubble.

Up until a month ago, web pages printed perfectly. Now, whenever I print a web page there is a solid black rectangle in the upper left corner, and any logo or gif image in that are is reversed, i.e., it prints in negative. The rest of the page is perfectly alright.

When I first had this, i thought there must a problem with site, whose page I was printing. But I then noticed it occured everywhere except, when printing out my statements from my online bank

I then wondered whether my firewall updates were the cause. So, I tried disabling it(on a trusted site, I hasten to add) and printing that page. The problem was still there. I've even tried different firewalls (Agnitum Pro, Norton IS, Zone Alarm Pro)- and still web pages won't print correctly.

I can only think now, it is something to do with one the critical updates that I've automatically installed, but which one? I've had several.

Anyone else experienced this, and also knows which of the IE critcal updates is the cause?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…