IE6 unable to access web page

bjay 16:46 25 Jul 03

I run WinXP and IE6 and have just moved to Virgin broadband. After working OK I am now unable to get the Barclays Bank sign on page (IE message "web page unavailable"). Barclays says reinstall IE6 but this is OEM version so I cannot. Manufacturer of computer unable to help reinstallation. This is the only web page I have come across that will not load although it worked OK after I moved to broadband.. Does any one have any ideas of anything else I might try? I have checked security and other IE6 settings.

Jester2K II 16:52 25 Jul 03

You can reinstall IE6 if you want.

click here

had the same thing on a clients PC. Brand new windows XP Packard Bell PC could access her HSBC Bank.

Installed IE6 and presto - HSBC Access ok.

What makes you think you can't because its an OEM version?

Jester2K II 16:52 25 Jul 03

Brand new windows XP Packard Bell PC could NOT access her HSBC Bank

bjay 17:18 25 Jul 03

Thanks for response. I have the Microsoft pages of instructions for reinstallation but, having gone to the Registry and tabbed down through HKEY etc, there wasn't a 0 or 1 in the expected place. Apparently, reinstalling over the original IE files doesn't work and you need to change the 0 to a 1 (or vice versa) before reinstallation will work. Also, if I try to reinstall from, say, a magazine disk, won't I upset the manufacturer's other XP settings in some way?
As you can see, I probably don't know what I am talking about.

bjay 17:22 25 Jul 03

Additionally, when I double click on your link, nothing happens????

john-232317 17:29 25 Jul 03

link works fine for me."click once"

sometimes popup stoppers wont let you access sites, when i booked ferry tickets i had to shut it off, when i was using it.

bjay 17:33 25 Jul 03

Thanks - clicking once worked!!!!!

bjay 20:09 29 Jul 03

Problem solved! It wasn't IE6 after all. I merely uninstalled Norton Personal Firewall and then reinstalled it. I am now able to get my banking sign on page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…