IE6 Toolbar snag

Woolwell 13:57 16 Jun 06

Installing Wanadoo's Speedtouch Broadband Modem also installed (uninvited) the Wanadoo search tool bar in IE6. When Wanadoo changed to Orange this toolbar automatically became the Orange search toolbar.

I have never used it and decided to untick it under View Toolbars. It stayed! So I tried the other toolbars all toggled on and off ok except for McAfee VirusScan when I clicked on this the Orange Search Toolbar toggled off. I then realised that the two entries under the toolbar list were swopped. Toggling for McAfee affected Orange and vice versa.

Next stage was to uninstall from Program Add/Removal the Orange Toolbar which went ok.
Except that in IE6 under View - Toolbars I have a blank line which I can tick to toggle on and off McAfee. How do I get the text back?

brundle 13:59 16 Jun 06

This must be a bug in IE, it happens with the Canon EasyWebPrint toolbar too ; try Manage Add-Ons from the Tools menu.

VoG II 14:01 16 Jun 06

You could try click here

Woolwell 14:03 16 Jun 06

Manage Add-ons - Disable then enable did the trick. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…