IE6 Timeout

puffindog 09:55 04 Mar 03

What sets the time it takes for IE6 to display "web page cannot be found" etc. I have ISDN internet access via a router whichs dials until a connection is made, but due to my less than perfect ISP, the page "times out" before the connection is available. I've looked around IE & WIN98 but cannot see an option for this. Any ideas?

temp003 10:42 04 Mar 03

click here for a registry solution. You'll have to run regedit. Be very careful in there.

See if there's a workaround first. With some connections, you can double-click the dial-up connection icon somewhere on your computer and you get a choice to connect by entering your user name and password (without starting IE at the same time).

Another alternative I can think of is to start OE to connect to the internet first. You can adjust the server timeout value in OE6 (Tools, Accounts, Mail, highlight your email account, Properties, Advanced tab, and increase the server timeout value).

This may avoid delving into the registry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…