IE6 Strange Problem with back page

sunny staines 22:23 01 Sep 06

my wife will be viewing the web IE6 when occasinally a page go back a page all on its own.
using a sony laptop with a finginger pad to control the curser. o/s is XP Media centre no other programs running when browsing.
any idea's anyone please.

skidzy 23:24 01 Sep 06

Hi Sunny,maybe resetting IE can help resolve this issue.Tools/Internet Options/Programs/Reset Web Settings.

Hope this helps.

terryf 06:12 02 Sep 06

Alternatively install Firefox and use that as an alternative. If installed you can use either browser and you may be impressed with the Firefox extension 'Colorful Tabs'

sunny staines 11:01 02 Sep 06

skidzy

thanks for the reply, tried that option with no joy, any other options to try please.

terryf
i like ff but not the wife

STREETWORK 12:13 02 Sep 06

Try cleaning out the key board, something maybe touching a key pad.

sunny staines 13:27 02 Sep 06

street thanks. its only about a month old but will give it a try.

skidzy 14:26 02 Sep 06

Couple of things to try Sunny:

Repair IE click here

sfc /scannow click here

ade.h 14:52 02 Sep 06

If there is a keyboard issue, it will relate to the Backspace key, as that is the one that takes you back a page. It may be your touchpad settings if your touchpad offers mouse gestures, a la Opera. Or even excess humidity causing over-sensitivity, which can be a problem for touchpads.

skidzy 14:57 02 Sep 06

Sunny,this may sound silly but have you tried working with a mouse and see if the problem is still there,if not it could well point to ade.h suggestion.

sunny staines 18:27 02 Sep 06

ade & skidzy

thanks again, i will use a mouse to see how it gets on, the problem occurs 2-3 times an hour.

sunny staines 18:28 02 Sep 06

ade & skidzy

thanks again, i will use a mouse to see how it gets on, the problem occurs 2-3 times an hour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…