IE6 SP1 - Java problems

pizzaman 19:47 10 Jun 03

Some links on web pages open a new window as expected, but fail to actually open the page. If I cut and paste the shortcut/link into the new window, then it works!! Help me please as it's driving me bonkers!
thanks

Stuartli 21:24 10 Jun 03

Go to IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced to check Java settings - there is also a 5.1MB Microsoft VM update at WindowsUpdate.

pizzaman 22:16 10 Jun 03

Tried this - All three items are enabled... still not resolved. Tried windows update but.. it won't work! The download tries to open in another window and just hangs. I've installed Netscape 7 and that works fine, but Microsoft won't let me use Netscape to run the windows update !!

VoG™ 22:23 10 Jun 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

pizzaman 19:06 14 Jun 03

Thanks for this - tried it exactly as stated on the microsoft page. Still doesn't work - I'll use Netscape or Opera instead, at least they work properly.
thanks for trying to help.

Valvegrid 19:16 14 Jun 03

I had exactly the same problem the other day after I had deleted IE6, then reloaded it, Java didn't work, like you it was driving me nuts. I got around the problem by downloading the new version of Java Sun. So try reloading it or try the new version; click here

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…