IE6 security settings

Dumble452 08:40 01 Apr 04

For some time now I have been unable to access mail in my hotmail account inbox, or in fact anything which has javascript operating.
I am using Windows 98se, IE6, Norton Personal Firewall and Trend PC-cillan antivirus. I have reintalled Windows, repaired IE6, repaired MSN messenger and downloaded all updates. I have double checked all the requirements on the MSN site but it still doesn't work. I must be missing something. Help needed please. I can see I have 31 emails and can see who they are from and the subject but I can't do anything with them.

VoG II 08:42 01 Apr 04

Have you tried setting-up Outlook Express to read your Hotmails?

User-312386 08:44 01 Apr 04

you need java click here

Dumble452 08:54 01 Apr 04

VoG. No, I didn't know this was possible. How do you do it? Also, I like to use hotmail to avoid getting spammed. Is there any danger of this if I set up Outlook Express to read them?

VoG II 08:58 01 Apr 04

In OE, Tools Accounts, Add. Follow the Wizard. You need to set HTTP server and Service provider Hotmail when you get to the E-mail server names screen. Very simple to set up.

Dumble452 09:09 01 Apr 04

Worked a treat. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…