IE6 Problems with Sony Camcorder Installation

nosirrah 22:39 21 Sep 03

Hi all,

I installed the USB driver for the TRV-DCR355E along with the Imagemixer software on to my computer running XP Home (768MB Ram). All went OK. Then I connected the camera for the first time and the drivers installed OK. Although the 'Add Hardware Wizard' only started twice as opposed to the three times stated in the handbook.

Anyway, the drivers installed correctly for both the VCR operation and the memory stick ops. The camcorder worked fine in the imagemixer program and was able to USB stream OK. I tried it.

The problem came when I went to go on the internet later. The modem dialled, connected to my ISP, but then whatever site I attempted to visit, the statusbar reported 'finding site', then came up with the error "Cannot find server" page.

I tried disabling the firewall & using a different ISP, before using System Restore to return the computer to the state it was in before the drivers were installed. This worked, which has led me to believe that the drivers are causing problems or a setting somewhere is being changed during install.

Are there any registry settings that may be being changed.

Has anybody else had simialr problems or got any ideas/help please? I haven't installed any service packs or updates for IE6 or XP (apart from critiacal ones).

Would a firewire/iLink be best if this problem can not be resolved?

Regards

Glyn

Chegs ® 22:50 21 Sep 03

Have a look in IE/Tools/Option/connection and check all is/was as it should be.Did you have to register the software? as it might have been trying to connect to this apps homepage and it could have been experiencing difficulties.Just a guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…