IE6 problems Ideas Please

Bagsey 09:22 04 Jan 03
  Bagsey 09:22 04 Jan 03

For a long time now I have been having trouble getting on line with BT. Sometimes I dial and dial to no effect then sometimes I get to the Verify user and password stage and then get stopped. At other times it goes straight in without any trouble. Like this morning.
I have checked all that I can think of and am now getting desperate. Any help would be most appreciated.
I am using XP home and IE6.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:59 04 Jan 03

The problems seems to lie with your connection to BT. I would phone them and ask to raise the gain to see if this helps but overcrowding is probably a more likely scenario.

You could also try to re-install IE6. Grab a disk and load it. When it gets to the entry screen choose 'customise browser' and tick everything apart from Media player and languauges. (you may be prompted that you have a newer version of a ticked item...just click OK).

Removing and Reinstalling TCP/IP and Removing and Reinstalling DUN may also help....click here

If you can, try another modem card just in case yours has a problem.

G

woodchip 11:10 04 Jan 03

I do not think the problem is your computer more likely BT as you say it does connect sometimes I would look at your internet settings and make shure it not trying to use the log in as in networking. Cannot tell you more as I do not know were the settings are in XP but they will be in normal Dial-up settings

Bagsey 14:13 04 Jan 03

Thanks for that advice. I think that you are right and that it is a Bt problem,but I doubt if I can get them to do anything about it( unless you know differently) as I fairly certain that few months ago when this all started that my line was 'Dacsed' There were Bt. workies at a house over the road and since then my wonderfull conection has been abysmal. I did ask for a line check but the only result of that was a bill for £50.00. because they said that there was no fault. A lousy internet connection doesn't count it seems.
Anyone out there know if I have any rights regarding this or am I doomed to have to put up with this situation. MOVE HOUSE to a Broadband area is one option I suppose

Bagsey 18:04 04 Jan 03

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…