IE6 Problems with cache

CaleI 09:35 26 Aug 04

All of a sudden my IE6 is not storing web pics in it's cache meaning the page has to re-load everytime I visit, or hit the back button. Also when surfing my friends wedding pic site, when I 'Save As' I only get bpm option even though the pic is jpg. I've tried it on many sites, so it's definately something my end..

any ideas?

VoG II 09:56 26 Aug 04
  CaleI 10:17 26 Aug 04

Unfortunately it didnt solve the problem

CaleI 11:38 03 Sep 04

I've followed all instructions, I still get the same problem. Is it possible to uninstall IE6 and reinstall?

canard 12:28 03 Sep 04

In IE -tools-internet options- have you got empty temporary internet files when browser is closed checked?

User-312386 12:42 03 Sep 04

open M$ paint

Now open a .jpeg file in Paint

Now save it as the same file (as a .jpeg still) and you will have .jpeg back

CaleI 13:05 03 Sep 04

I've unchecked the empty tem folder on close, but still the page reloads fully when I hit the back button.

Also the M$ paint thing didnt work. Still only bitmap option when using 'Save As' on images

canard 16:03 04 Sep 04

An update often fixes a naughty IE so if you're on any version before IE6 this could be an easy solution.

CaleI 16:31 04 Sep 04

no, I'm using IE6. I'll see what hapens after service pack 2

TOPCAT® 19:49 04 Sep 04

Just one of many from MS Support click here

Full list is at click here

CaleI 23:14 04 Sep 04

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately this is the same solution that VoG™ gave me. I've tried it and the problem remains.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…