IE6 Problems

Help! :D 15:18 20 Feb 04

I have a problem with windows xp professional, with internet explorer 6 The problem is that when I open windows explorer I have to refresh the page before the site loads. I also have broadband and I am on a network. Can anyone help?

tony1160 15:19 20 Feb 04

change your home page

Help! :D 15:26 20 Feb 04

tryed that, doesnt matter

orlandogreenback 15:57 20 Feb 04

of problems with XP Pro and the internet. Are you running Zone alarm by any chance? Heard they don't like each other. 'Tis a long shot, though.

Help! :D 19:10 20 Feb 04

lol, yes i am running zone alarms

Help! :D 14:10 21 Feb 04

so what can i do, do i need to change my firewall?

Diodorus Siculus 14:15 21 Feb 04

click here
and try a repair of IE.

ddd3 14:23 21 Feb 04

Only as a last resort. Zone Alarm should be compulsory! In fact if it comes down to it I think you'd be better off changing your OS... :)

Stuartli 14:42 21 Feb 04

When you say you have to refresh the page before it opens, do you mean your home page? It would seem to be something to do with the networking side.

Look up Networking and the Web via the index in Help and Support - Start>Help and Support>Networking and the Web.

Incidentally I have XP Pro, IE6 and ZoneAlarm - XP and ZoneAlarm work very happily with each other and, in fact, I've never had problems with any version of Windows with ZA also on my system.

Megatyte 14:47 21 Feb 04

Is your problem with Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer?

AH

Help! :D 15:26 21 Feb 04

Internet Explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…