IE6 problem

anon1 11:36 03 Jan 05

Whenever I close IE and try to open again except at first boot it fails to open. I have tried sfc, I cannot remove ie6 as it is not listed in my programs add/remove list which also means unable to repair it either. When i do get it working it pops up an advert for "registry cleaner" which is not found by either spybot, adaware or pest patrol.If I open task mon it shows that ie does not end by closing the browser window. That is if i open ie several times it is listed several times in taskmon but not seen on screen. Any ideas please Terry

JIM 11:45 03 Jan 05

You could try running HijackThis to see if it may produce any unusual item's in the log file.

anon1 12:10 03 Jan 05

Tried to post log but it will not let me

anon1 12:13 03 Jan 05

Please let me know if you see anything i am going to do the same on my desktop now. Oh by the way there is only one IE window open. Terry

JIM 16:11 03 Jan 05

just picked up your posting.You would have trouble trying to contact me via the envelope due to a long standing problem.

Post the log if you like in the your forum thread as for "eg" Like from the following link and suggest you have the latest version of HijackThis (if not already got)

I will have a look,-- but there are "experts in Nellie2 and Mark2" whom i'am sure would HELP if they see the thread or i may try and contact them if poss to ask if they could check it over, "if they have time"

click here

anon1 16:35 03 Jan 05

pc advisor will not let me postmy logfile keeps returning an error and tells me that an email has been sent to report the problem

JIM 18:39 03 Jan 05

You may have tried to post the log all in one go?

Try splitting it into posting pages and send.

anon1 20:34 03 Jan 05

bump

JIM 20:54 03 Jan 05

You still having trouble posting logfile?

I should have said, Try splitting it into TWO postings and send.Sorry typo error.

I will send you mail via your envelope with my contact address (e-mail) so you can send your log for me to have a look at. Not saying for certain your having a problem in that direction,but nothing to lose by looking at it.

Hold fire :) Jim.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…