IE6 & Outlook Express prolems

Healer13 11:22 02 Feb 04

Hi All,
When I click on an e-mail link on a web page I get flooded with blank IE pages but my e-mail page doesn't open.
Also when I click on a PDF link all I get is a small white square in the top left corner of a new page with a ciecle, square and triangle in it.
I have Adobe 6 installed OK.
I'm also unable to to make OE my default e-mail as the IE programs line for e-mail is blank and it won't let me type anything in.
Otherwise everything is hunky-dory.

wildrover 11:36 02 Feb 04

It look as though there is a problem with OE configuration click here
Maybe try that. Maybe try 'repair' IE also.

Healer13 14:37 02 Feb 04

Wildrover, I've tried both your suggestions but neither worked.
I got the message "Program Files Outlook Express" invalide file.

wildrover 19:12 02 Feb 04

Mmmmmm. I thought that would fix it! It looks like a configuration problem / problem with msimn.exe (outlook express)to me. Unless anyone comes up with a different idea, I would:

Run adaware or spybot, just in case there is something causing this.

Also have a look at the Acrobat (reader?) installation - maybe reinstall.

upgrade, if you are not using IE6 / reinstall if you are.

Healer13 21:52 05 Feb 04

I'm using IE6 and I've tried reinstalling it and Acrobat reader 6, but to no avail!

I'll keep an eye on this forum just in case someone has been able to resolve it.

VoG II 21:55 05 Feb 04

TRy a repair click here

Healer13 11:02 06 Feb 04

Thanks for the advise VoG, I've already tried this and it didn't solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…