IE6 or IE7 ?

iqs 13:40 20 Oct 07

Hello all,

I am gradually updating my PC.Now its time to look at IE.

I have IE6 installed,and would like to upgrade to IE7.From threads on this forum some members have experienced various problems after upgrading.

Is it worth installing,will I keep all my favourites and links from IE6?.

Many thanks all.

Cheers,Mike

PS,

Good luck tonight England........

eedcam 13:43 20 Oct 07

Install it try it if you dont like roll back to Ie 6.Yes it keeps your favourites.

Clapton is God 13:43 20 Oct 07

I personally prefer IE6 but, if you update, you will keep all your Favourites/Links, etc.

If you don't like it you can simply un-install it and Windows will revert to IE6

lotvic 13:45 20 Oct 07

I didn't get any problems when I upgraded, but I believe it is easy to go back to IE6 by just uninstalling IE7

STAAKER 2000 © 13:54 20 Oct 07

ie 7 is well ok just a bit gettin used to favs and want to add favs are confusin at first but ule soon get the hang of it so d/load it. also it lets u veiw multiple web pages as long as u have enough ram its easy to click between pages

Jimmy14 14:03 20 Oct 07

I, amongst other people have noticed a speed difference between IE6 and IE7. I prefer IE6 due to speed issues. It is nothing to do with my computer as it has 2Gb RAm and so on.

brj 16:39 20 Oct 07

Once you have used Firefox you are unlikely to go back to IE. It is simply better and you can still keep IE6 for any non-compliant sites that that cause problems with Firefox.

iqs 17:36 20 Oct 07

eedcam,Clapton is God,lotvic, STAAKER 2000 ©,Jimmy14 and brj.Thank you for all your comments.

I have installed IE7,will experiment with it for a few weeks,see how I get on.

With regards to Firefox.I have used it before,but I experienced many issues with it.I would have to start another thread to detail all the issues.I am running XPSP.

Thanks again for your help.Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…