IE6 Opening not maximised

Brian-336451 22:16 13 Apr 03

For some reason, when I click on a previously saved web link, IE6 opens not maximised. It used to but now doesn't.

If I open the program from the Quicklaunch toolbar it opens maximised as I selected in its properties.

Any clues as to how I get the program to open maximised at all times - I'm up to a Registry Hack if that's the only way.

Thanks, I don't really know why its done this, perhaps something got changed somewhere along the line.

MAJ 00:39 14 Apr 03

Open an IE window which contains a link, click that link to open the second window. **DRAG** this second window to the size you wish (maximised), then minimise it to the taskbar using the - in the top righthand corner. This will leave you looking at the original window containing the link you clicked, close this original window using the x is the top righthand corner. Now restore the dragged window from the taskbar and close it using the x in the top righthand corner. From now on your windows should open at the size you dragged that window to.

Qmar 01:07 14 Apr 03

a/- right click the original desktop IE6 icon and create a 'shortcut' on the desktop... right click this new icon and select 'run ' and ' maximised'. [ 'tweak ui' , if you have it, enables the original icon to be 'hidden' I think ]

( probably the most permanent solution )

b/- use 'crazybrowser' and treat the desktop icon as above.

c/- drag to fullsize the original window , then press shift at the same time as close [ x ]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…