IE6 not working

Griffon 07:20 16 Sep 03

My IE6 suddenly stopped working properly yesterday evenning. Websites either don't load with "site unavailable" or load incredibly slowly with no or few images. Clearing the cache and history brought no improvement. My internet connection is OK (I'm using the browser Opera to access pcadvisor now). I'm using WindowsXP on a Dell and my ISP in NTL on a broadband connection. Any ideas?

Peverelli 10:35 16 Sep 03

To repair Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows XP:

Note: Before proceeding, ensure that your Microsoft Windows XP CD-ROM is available.

From the Start menu, choose Run.

In the Open field, type sfc /scannow

Click the OK button.

Restart the computer when the System File Checker program finishes.

Griffon 18:14 16 Sep 03

Thanks Peverelli. Your links looks really useful and well worth being aware of. However I got home tonight and discovered that IE6 seems to be all OK again so I've not applied your suggested repair..... Computer problems don't usually get better on their own in my experience. Mmmmm! Hope it's not an intermittent fault. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…