IE6 Not opening pop up windows

edz 11:53 10 Jun 03

Example:

A message board that I visit uses a link from the main site and is opened up in a small pop up style window. When I click the lik for this I get the "page cannot be displayed" message.

When I try this within the Aol browser the pop up opens without any problems.

I've also noticed that when I click on a result from Webferret which would normally open that page within IE that the same thing is happening.

I'm not aware that I've changed any settings within IE6 so what can this be?

Cheers

Tog 12:28 10 Jun 03

Have you changed any security or firewall settings recently?

edz 13:08 10 Jun 03

As I said I'm not aware that I've changed anything, I've reset IE6 bak to default settings but this still has had no affect.

billyliv 14:34 10 Jun 03

Hi, You may have deleted the required cookie.(inadvertently) or if you have a cookie buster it may be in the forbidden folder. Cheers, Bill

edz 14:41 10 Jun 03

Thanks for the help.

Still not too sure what the issue was, reverted back to 5.5 and reinstalled 6, all is now ok.

powerless 14:47 10 Jun 03

Could have been click here

edz 12:51 30 Jul 03

This problem is still intermittently occurring, one day it will open without any problems but the next I'll get the "page could not be displayed message". At all times if I try to open this page within the AOL browser there is no problem.

It's irritating the hell out of me, I've had a look at that link Powerless but surely if that was the problem then it would be an ongoing issue rather periodic one.

If it helps here is the page.

click here#

Clicking on Fitness below post a message should bring up the popup window(well some of the time in my case)

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…