IE6 and McAfee

Belfix 17:37 03 Mar 05

Anyone had the same problem - initially with IE6.
Was working ok but "suddenly" when attemting to update McAfee Viruscan IE produced a "blank" window overlaying the McAfee Update screen. I attempted to download IE6 from Microsoft's site but got this "blank" overlay window again and it just sits there. I have managed to get a cd based version, re-installed it, patched it to level 1, re-run IE script engine etc etc....but it happens all again. Firefox and Opera run OK BUT Mcafee cannot update via these engines. All McAfee can say is delete this and delete that etc, but it all seems to fall down on IE6 - any ideas before I throw the whole lot away. Using W98.

VoG II 18:04 03 Mar 05

I did have this problem. The solution that worked for me may or may not work for you.

Look for the file

c:\windows\hosts

(no file extension).

If you find it rename it to hosts.txt and restart the PC.

Belfix 16:12 07 Mar 05

Tks for advice, however the only file i can find is hosts.sam but..i have tried to manually download a zipped dat file and it seems to work with a "stutter", and now that McAfee told me to uninstall SpamKiller, I get ALL my spam in my inbox! oh well..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…