Is IE6 on lap-top- not sure

end 01:11 27 Aug 04

when I installed my BB on lap-top, on the disc was the option to upgrade /install IE6 which I think we choose not to, so am running on IE5 ( I think!); how can I find out from my lap-top if IE6 IS on there and , if it is not, from where can I get IE6 to put on there..I have tried to get it from the BB instalation disc, but not successful;ideas please:)

and , if I can put it on there., does it install directly over IE5 or what?
thanks
end (of me probably!!::))

hugh-265156 01:23 27 Aug 04

you should be fine with ie6 and it fixes some security issues with previous versions, i would get it. click here

to find out what version you have click 'help/about internet explorer'

the above download will update both internet explorer and outlook express to version 6. you should still have your saved emails and favorites after updating but i would back them up first anyway just in case

end 00:19 28 Aug 04

well..that was "novel"...I went to the site and followed instructions to be told that I already have the components installed and am advised to exit the set-up, which I did.

on add/remove programs it is still not actually specified...very strange..so much for that::))

Stuartli 09:29 28 Aug 04

If you go to IE, click Help at the top of the page and then, from the menu, About Internet Explorer, a panel will appear with the details of which version you have of IE.

It will also state if XP service pack SP1 (and SP2 if appropriate) is installed, plus the cipher strength.

Stuartli 09:34 28 Aug 04

IE is not listed in Add/Remove Programs - click on the Add/Remove Components link in Add/Remove and see if IE is checked.

end 23:02 28 Aug 04

"thats-a-good":) didnt know I could do that..brill ..tas muchly.

have opened lap-top and it says it is IE6 on there:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…