ie6 keeps opening home page

lamgas 23:39 26 Jun 04

A friend asked me to look at his machine running windows xp with ie6. He has a tiscalli dial up connection. Each time he connects to the internet ie6 loads the home page and then opens a new window with a new home page, he has up to 62 windows open. I have tried an ie6 repair and restoring to an earlier date with no success. Can anybody help please

Night Ryder 23:47 26 Jun 04

If this is a new install of Windows, you need to install a popup blocker and spyware software. I had the same problem a whil ago untill I installed these.

rômanab 23:51 26 Jun 04

Pop up blocker click here

Also download, update and run

click here

click here

rômanab 23:54 26 Jun 04

This is a direct one for adaware click here

lamgas 23:56 26 Jun 04

I will give them a try even though it is not a new install thanks

hugh-265156 23:59 26 Jun 04

open internet explorer and click:

tools/internet options/general and look at the address in the home page box. what is it? you can set this to what ever you want. w ww. google. co.uk (without spaces) is a good starting point for most people.

as above a pop up blocker may help if the home page contains lots of pop ups but if it does i wouldnt be happy with it and would change it to another address.

also as above its possable that the home page has been hijacked by spyware. download adaware, spybot and cwshreader click here click here click here update before running and remove all they find then reset the home page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…