IE6 Install problem

474747 16:38 21 May 05

I have downloaded IE6 on several occasions but when I attempt to install it it only installs part of the program. Then it suggests I restart and try again. I've finally decided to ask for help, so it's over to you! P.S. I'm running ME.

Diodorus Siculus 16:43 21 May 05

What OS are you on? If earlier than XP, you can go to add/removeprograms and reomve it then try the install again.

Terry Brown 17:02 21 May 05

Do you have the XP update loaded as a seperate program (i.e. Xp standard CD and sp2 update).If you do I suggest the following: Go to bootdisk .com click here , download the xp boot files for your version (xp standard--xp sp1), follow the instructions to create 6 floppy disks.Change (if necessary) you bios to boot from Floppy.Put the first Floppy in the drive and the XP CD in the primary CD drive. Reboot machine and follow prompts. After the last floppy you will get the aggrement (F8 to accept), then press ESC, follow defaults until you get to repair. Select, and the XP CD will start, select the existing directory. This will remove the existing IE6 and XP files and re-load. This should not affect any program on your computer.You will need to re-load SP2 afterwards.-----just a thought--You may get away with uninstalling the SP2 files (add/remove), and reloading from CD, however you may have duplication problems. I strongly suggest you back up any crucial data before starting and turn off the Internet connection.

474747 19:11 23 May 05

Thanks for the advice so far guys . I havn't advanced to the giddy heights of XP yet,I'm still struggling with Windows 98ME. Hope you can still help me!

sidecar sid 19:14 23 May 05

Try this

click here

Terry Brown 08:50 06 Jun 05

Did you manage to sort out your system ?, if not on a win98SE system the easiest option is to boot from floppy (boot disk),select SETUP on the CD and re-install,using the same directory as the original. This should not disturb any other programs on your Hard drive, however you may need to re-load any updates.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…