IE6 / IE7

pillspopper 20:14 08 May 06

I installed IE7 a week ago but now, I have decided to remove it. I did so by going to the Add/Remove programms and the un-installation was successful.

When I inserted a CD rom with IE6 on it, the windows set up said that there is a newer version of IE already insatlled on this system and cannot proceed further. I guess that there is still IE7 lingering somewhere in the registry but I don't know where. Please, help since I'd like my Outlook express back as well.

Many thanks

remind 21:00 08 May 06

No need to re-install IE6, it will have been reinstated as it was before you installed IE7. If Outlook Express is `missing`, go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, click Windows Components, check OE is ticked.

pillspopper 22:07 08 May 06

Thank you very much! All back to normal but I still have a problem: I still cannot use any link in the emails received: the cursor becomes a pointing finger over a link but when I click, nothing happens. Sometimes, an error message comes up "...because the main account was not set properly". I tried changing/creating new accounts but nothing happens.

This is why I wanted to reinstall it from scratch.

VoG II 22:11 08 May 06
  pillspopper 22:45 08 May 06

Thank you to you all, I will be for ever grateful.

jarani 00:02 09 May 06

that is interesting - I did the same - I did not like IE7 - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…