IE6 History problems

Rick_X 10:45 19 Jun 03

Hi, at work I am running IE6 on Win XP Pro as a regular user and just recently my Internet History has started to act erratically, ultimately leading to it now not recording any web sites I visit. I have moderate restrictions on modifying settings and wondered if anyone out there has a simple (or not so simple) solution for this. Cheers

keith-236785 11:00 19 Jun 03

It is my guess that the Administrator has put some sort of check in place to stop any history activity (auto emptying of history) there is also a setting in IE6 to clear all files on closing (cookies, temporary internet files & History)

click Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab, in the security section (bottom lot)

see if there is a tick in "Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed"

on our computer at work we can only access our works web site, nothing else

dont know if this helps....

Rick_X 11:24 19 Jun 03

Thanks paperman, I don't think it's through excessive restrictions, our Administrator is quite cool about this and my 'History' wasn't disabled from the start or anything. The main reason I'm trying to sort this through the forums is because it's not a major thing and he really has better things to do. Having said that I don't have that 'Advanced' Tab in my security settings although I can change most other settings, any more ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…