ie6 error

conrail 16:09 25 Dec 05

using xp pro + ie6; whentrying to log into sites ie6 keeps telling me it nhas encountered a problem and needs to shut down, I can get onto this forum no problem but sites, ie Amazon shuts me out, all help gratefully accepted, thanks

woodchip 16:12 25 Dec 05

Go to Search and find IE.inf right click the file and choose install. Other thing is click here

conrail 21:35 25 Dec 05

thanks for suggestion woodchip, I have tried your suggestions, I have the xp disc in the drive, searched for ie.inf, which is located in c:\windows\inf, right click and selecting install brings up a box which is set to C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386, this and C:\WINDOWS\inf cannot find the file, I have tried searching on the xp disc but again nothing seems to be found? although the inf file is definitely there. all further suggestions gratfully accepted

VoG II 21:36 25 Dec 05
  conrail 22:23 25 Dec 05

thanks guys, that has sorted it, also I had,as recomended by a friend, an ebay toolbar, I suspect that was part of the problem, but everything is AOK now, hope you have had a great Christmas and a prosperous 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…