IE6 - Dialog box error appears cannot find sites

legs11 21:08 30 Jun 04

On my kid's pc - When opening internet explorer, or when opened and having entered an address, a dialog box appears stating "Cannot find '(website name)'. Make sure the path or internet address is correct". The only time it will work is when clicking on a link within the favorites menu. Have tried to use the Internet Explorer fix but this has not rectified the problem. Also, updated antivirus and ran check, which is ok. I'm hoping that someone can give me some other suggestions on how to fix this problem.

misty2 09:33 05 Nov 04

Same problem with my brothers pc also tried the reg.fix from kelly's korner but no joy.Anybody any ideas.

groundhog 08:36 06 Nov 04

I know this may sound a bit doubtful but are you connecting to the internet.

You can view web pages from your favourites when you click on them because they are held in a file on the computer from the last time you visited them.

I'm assuming you are using a modem so therefore

I would suggest checking all connections/plugs etc...

Next check your modem listen to the phone when you try to connect do you hear the high pitched tones.

Then check up on your connection settings in IE making sure (if used) that you are dialing the right number pointing to the right ISP, passwords, etc..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…