IE6 defaulting to Lycos

Col 22:24 09 Jul 04

Hi all, if i type in www. in Address bar browser goes to: click here.
Everything else is fine, when clicking on homepage it on any of my favorites they display as normal.
The above defaulting to Lucos only occures if i type anything that cannot be found on the web into the Address bar.
I want to stop this happening.
Cheers Col

Thetford Brian 22:36 09 Jul 04

If you would like to restore MSN as your default search engine, go to your IE Tools menu and click on Internet Options, then the Programs tab, and click on the Reset Web Settings button.
Close and re-open Internet Explorer to see your change.

Col 23:13 09 Jul 04

Hi Thetford Brian your suggestion changes default homepage to MSN but no matter what you select as your default homepage as soon as you type say www. in address bar you hit enter ans get click here.
Regards Col

gudgulf 23:54 09 Jul 04

The search engine you get when search for something that isn't found when you type a url should have been reset to msn as well.Do you use any toolbars or maybe it is linked to your ISP.
What search engine would you like to appear in such circumstances?.....I have google set as mine.

Col 10:53 10 Jul 04

Hi gudgulf thanks for response i recently installed IENavigator that came on PC Pro cd in June, from what you say thats the culprit, if you have any idea if i can change this with IENavigator installed please let me know. Or is it locked into the free program from PC Pro(nothing free nowdays. Thanks again Col

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…