IE6 AND CoolWWWSearch.SmallM-keeps returning!

gra80 23:16 03 Sep 04

Any advice please,....Even though set to blank my browser is taken over with additional tabs being placed at the bottom of the top bar. these tabs are- Search\News\Mp3\Gambling\ Entertainment\ Books\Computer\Education\Travel.

I have run Spy Bot, it came up with DSO Exploit and CoolWWSearch.SmallM and `removed`them, my desktop was cleared of additional icons representing the above tabs, but the tabs were still there so I went to Start Add/Remove progs and clicked on remove on the icon concerned (I forget its name), a little window with a blurry number appeared saying "please type in the number" and the program was then removed.

Problem is, it all comes back at a later date.

Has anyone else had this and what is successful correction please, this one is driving me mad!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:23 03 Sep 04

You need to turn off system restore, do a scan, turn back on. Right-click 'My Computer'-properties-system restore-tick 'turn off system restore'. I would run Adaware from click here as well.

G

gra80 14:22 08 Sep 04

Seems to be gone (I hope!) Many thanks GANDALF.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…