IE6 Connection dialogue box gone ?

RICH 12:48 02 Jan 05

As of yesterday when I start Internet Explorer I no longer get the Connection dialogue box. The only way to get online is to connect via the speedtouch software then start IE.Also when closing IE the disconnect prompt no longer appears. I tried 'system restore' to an earlier date but that tells me it was unable to restore.(several dates tried). I use Trend micro internet security,have run Spybot S&D and Ad-aware, no probs. Any ideas folks ? Many thanks in advance.

My system :- Amd xp3200,1Gb ram,Speedtouch broadband modem,Windows XP Pro sp1.

Dorsai 14:57 02 Jan 05

I would start in control panel>internet options, pick the connection tab, and click the radio button for 'always dial my default connection'. Then OK out.

Back in control panel>network conntections, right click on your Dial up BB modem, pick properties, and then pick the 'options' tab from the new window. Untick 'prompt for name and password etc' and also untick 'prompt for phone number'.

In theory, now, whenever any program needs an internet connection the PC will start up the modem, and the modem will automatically connect up.

As for the PC auto disconnecting, I have never managed to work out how to do it for BB.

If the above settings are already set as i suggest, try doing the revers of what i suggest, rebooting, and then doing what i suggest. Just in case Xp is reporting the settings backwards. (it can happen, though rare)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…