IE6 - Can't find Server

KenHow 15:37 28 May 05

Hi All,

I have two computers, a PC (Windows XP Pro + SP2)and a Laptop (Windows XP Home + SP2). Both are connected via a KCorp Wireless ADSL Modem Router to Broadband and my Wanadoo ISP. The PC is directly connected and the Laptop is on a wireless network. Both computers use IE6 and both have the same version, IE 6.0.2900....

I can connect to all the websites I routinely visit via the Laptop, including a number of secure sites. However I cannot connect to some of these secure sites on the PC. Also sites such as Roxio.com, Tesco.com, Honda.co.uk can be visited on the Laptop but not on the PC, the "Page cannot be displayed" and "Cannot find server" messages being displayed.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Regards

KenHow

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:11 28 May 05

Check your privicy and security settings.

Tools internet options security tab / privicy tab set privicy to medium high.

TomG 18:58 28 May 05

You could try adding them to your trusted sites, or go to tools/advanced then click on restore defaults.

I've had the same problems since installing SP2. I've had help fom Microsoft's online help and their fix worked for a week.

Are you using the M/soft pop up blocker? Try disabeling it, as I say sometimes this fixes work and sometimes they don'e.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac