IE6 can I move favorites file?

melvyn 10:55 14 Oct 06

I have a two drive system - C is for applications and D for data,pictures etc.
I carry out regular backups of D drive and have moved my outlook pst file into the D drive so that it is automatically backed up, but I still have to go into the C drive to back up favorites.
Does anyone know if it is possible to move the default position of the favorites file onto another drive area

johnnyrocker 11:06 14 Oct 06

file import/export and follow prompts?

johnny.

melvyn 11:35 14 Oct 06

Johnnyrocker,

Thanks for reply, but I am now confused.
If I "file import/export" this will copy the file onto my D Drive, but surely this will not allow IE6 to know where it has gone?
Sory if this is a daft question.

melvyn 13:10 14 Oct 06

Clarification of original question.

I know I can backup the "favorites" file directly from my C Drive, what I was trying to find out is whether I can move the favorites file onto my D drive so it is automatically backed up, and still retain the ability of IE6 to find it on the D Drive

melvyn 17:11 22 Oct 06

Actually it is very simple - so I've discovered. If you move the "favorites" file using explorer, windows and IE remeber where it has been moved and there is no problem.

melvyn 17:11 22 Oct 06

Actually it is very simple - so I've discovered. If you move the "favorites" file using explorer, windows and IE remeber where it has been moved and there is no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…