IE6 blocking downloads

csqwared 21:33 19 Dec 06

Hi

When trying to download progs from websites (AVG, Adaware etc.) I now get a message bar across the top of the screen which I am required to click on before I continue, it seems to be part of the IE6 security setup but I'm damned if I can find where to turn it off. Any ideas?

Thanks

cc

skidzy 21:35 19 Dec 06

Try a repair click here

anskyber 21:36 19 Dec 06

If I were you I would not turn it off but instead click on the warning bar and accept the download that way.....unless you are unhappy about the safety of the site in question.

csqwared 21:59 19 Dec 06

skidzy - already tried the repair route, in fact found this little item which you can enter in the "run" window and it does just the same as your link.

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\Inf\ie.inf

anskyber - yeh, I know what your'e saying, it's just that I only use "trusted" sites and it's a tad annoying to click on "download" and then sit for a view seconds before you realise this message bar has appeared - and it's tiny, not very obvious at all.

Any way it looks as though I'll have to live with it.

Thanks again

cc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…