IE6 back button

hard drive 11:00 06 Sep 03

On some sites when I hit the back button I get the following which I find annoying.
I have win XP sp1 and IE6.

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

I have tried turning security down but cant get round it, this never occured with win ME which I had before.

expertec 11:32 06 Sep 03

I'm using ME and i get this very often

3Toed 11:40 06 Sep 03

Hard drive,
I think its as it says-'its a security precaution'.
If you have been typing in confidential info and finalised it,you wouldnt want anybody to hit the back button,while you were away from the pc(i'm not suggesting you were-but circumstance could arise)and gaining all the information you typed in,maybe credit card numbers ect.

hard drive 12:20 06 Sep 03

It occurs on sites such as BA.com flight arrivals, all I want to do is go back and type in a new flight number and instead I have to re load the page which is a bit tedious and certainly not a security issue--the crdit card example I can quite understand but a flight number???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced