IE6 back button

andyhuz 13:46 22 Aug 03

Am I right in thinking that if I use the back button on IE6 that a webpage should reload from the cache when set to "automatically" in settings. When I use my back button it takes up to 20 secs to reload the page as though it is being reloaded from the server. Any advice welcome.

jazzypop 13:54 22 Aug 03

The issue becomes irrelevant if, instead of left-clicking a link then using the Back button to re-trace your steps, you right-click a link and choose 'Open in new window'.

When you have read the contents of the new window, simply close it and your original page is exactly as you left it.

This is a far more useful method of using a site such as this forum - right-click and open a thread in a new window, then close the new window to return to the original list of threads. Just hit Refresh when you want to update the main page.

Remember that when you return to a page by using the Back button, the code within the website can force your browser to reload the entire page, whatever your browser settings are set to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…